By Francois Bernier
By Britta Heidemann,Gerrit Heidemann,Oliver Harms
Britta Heidemann nimmt uns mit auf einen Rundgang durch alte Gassen, moderne Einkaufstempel und traditionelle eating places. Sie erklärt kulturelle Hintergründe, erläutert sozioökonomische Zusammenhänge, bricht mit manchem Vorurteil und staunt selbst immer wieder über das vielseitige Reich der Mitte.
By Zhou Wenjing,Joseph Janeti
fables, tales, stories and characters,
wit, knowledge and figures of speech,
symbols, heroes, issues humans say…
a joyous assortment for the first-time customer
- and everybody else attracted to issues Chinese!
By Kathy MacKinnon,Gusti Hatta
This ebook provides an entire precis of our present medical wisdom approximately Borneo together with the rainforest and riverine habitats which are endangered through logging and business improvement, in addition to a dialogue of land use styles and present problems.
Kalimantan is the Indonesian section of the massive island of Borneo. Kalimantan has performed a key function in Indonesia’s financial improvement and is a huge earner of overseas profit a result of island's wealthy typical assets: forests, oil, fuel, coal, and different minerals. during this publication the authors argue that Kalimantan will be constructed, yet inside of tight ecological constraints and with nice care. This publication continues to be a regular reference for scientists, anthropologists, writers, and an individual drawn to the region.
By Alexa Siersdorfer
Ankedoten einer deutschen Matsalleh
Als Expat in...
“In kurzweiligen Geschichten berichtet die Auswandererin auf Zeit, wie es gelingen kann, auch ungewohnte Situationen mit der nötigen Gelassenheit zu sehen und in einem fremden Land heimisch zu werden.”
Dazwischen, Asien zu bereisen und in Asien zu leben und zu arbeiten, können Welten liegen.
Alexa Siersdorfer ist mit ihrem Mann für zwei Jahre nach Südostasien gegangen. Sie hat in Malaysia gelebt und die sector bereist.
Dabei durchstreift sie die Millionenstadt Kuala Lumpur und entdeckt ein Land, das sich trotz des rasanten Wirtschaftswachstums viel von seiner Ursprünglichkeit, seiner Kultur und seiner culture bewahrt hat. In kurzweiligen Geschichten – angefangen von der Einreise über Wohnungssuche, Verhalten im Straßenverkehr, Einkaufen und vieles mehr – berichtet die Auswandererin, wie es gelingen kann, auch ungewohnte Situationen mit der nötigen Gelassenheit zu sehen und in einem fremden Land heimisch zu werden.
By TF Rhoden,Benjamin Cook
- special perception into Yangon’s heritage, humans and tradition, plus need-to-know info on getting ready for commute and what to anticipate whilst vacationing Yangon.
- studies and private options for 102 websites, 111 nightlife venues, 164 lodgings (from finances guesthouses to luxurious hotels), and 343 eateries.
- A bankruptcy committed exclusively to Shwedagon Pagoda, together with a whole write-up of the foremost halls and stupas present in and round the temple complicated.
- exact maps, sprawled over 35 pages, disguise 9 specified components of Yangon.
By Lonely Planet,Sarina Singh,Michael Benanav,Abigail Blasi,Paul Clammer,Mark Elliott,Paul Harding,Anirban Mahapatra,John Noble,Kevin Raub
#1 best-selling consultant to India *
Lonely Planet India is your passport to the main suitable, up to date suggestion on what to determine and pass, and what hidden discoveries look forward to you. appreciate the best symmetry of the Taj Mahal, experience a camel in the course of the moonlit wasteland or cruise the luxurious backwaters of Kerala; all together with your depended on go back and forth spouse. Get to the center of India and start your trip now!
Inside Lonely Planet's India shuttle Guide:
- Colour maps and pictures all through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you tailor your journey on your own wishes and pursuits
- Insider tips to save lots of money and time and get round like an area, averting crowds and hassle spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, cellphone numbers, web content, transit guidance, costs
- Honest reports for all budgets - consuming, snoozing, sight-seeing, going out, buying, hidden gem stones that the majority guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide you with a richer, extra lucrative trip adventure - temples, delicacies, heritage, artwork, Hinduism, structure, politics, landscapes, natural world, customs, volunteering, yoga, ashrams, hiking
- Over 199 color maps
- Covers Delhi's bazaars, the Taj Mahal, Rajasthan's forts and deserts, Goa's shores, Kerala's backwaters, Mumbai's colonial-era structures, Darjeeling's tea plantations, Khajuraho's historical temples, Himalayan monasteries and extra
eBook beneficial properties: (Best seen on pill units and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps hinder roaming and knowledge fees
- Effortlessly navigate and leap among maps and experiences
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook event
- Seamlessly flip among pages
- Bookmarks and quickly seek capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to options' web pages
- Zoom-in maps and pictures
- Inbuilt dictionary for quickly referencing
The excellent selection: Lonely Planet India, our such a lot entire consultant to India, is ideal for either exploring best points of interest and taking roads much less travelled.
- Looking for simply the highlights of India? try out Discover India, a photo-rich advisor to India's most well liked sights.
- Looking for a consultant fascinated by Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Goa, Mumbai, South India or Kerala? try out Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala guide, Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guide, or Goa & Mumbai guide for a complete examine all that those areas need to supply.
Authors: Written and researched via Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has turn into the world's prime shuttle media corporation with guidebooks to each vacation spot, an award-winning web site, cellular and electronic shuttle items, and a committed tourist group. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but additionally permits curious guests to get off overwhelmed paths to appreciate extra of the tradition of the areas within which they locate themselves.
*Best-selling advisor to India. resource: Nielsen Bookscan, Australia, united kingdom and united states, December 2013-November 2014
By Kyung Suk Oh
It’s “GO KL” at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The world-city has bravely all started the loose trip carrier because 2012. purely in the course of the unfastened travel, you will get nearly of all sights at Kuala Lumpur.
Only seriously look into the loose pattern and you may come to grasp reasons why you may get all points of interest by means of your individual self. you wish neither to chase after a advisor nor to invite passers-by to your destination.
Maps and photographs indicated through arrows and explaining packing containers can be additional to the precise creation specifically at the “ways” to the must-visits at Kuala Lumpur. the place you could take the unfastened trip or metro, the place you want to alight from the bus or subway are all defined with maps and images.
After brief creation at the urban and public transportation, this ebook is going to “Alor highway” first that's located on the so much bustling downtown of Bukit Bintang. you are going to meet innumerable humans at evening sitting on the tables ready at the unique road of eating places. And, 10 must-visits might be additional subsequent. they're, (2) Petronas dual Towers, the icon of Malaysia, (3) MaTiC, Malaysia Tourism Centre, (4) nationwide Museum & Botanical Gardens, (5) nationwide Mosque & Islamic Arts Museum, (6) Merdeka sq., (7) KL Tower, (8) relevant marketplace (9) China city, (10) Mid Valley Megamall and (11) the worldly well-known Hindu temple of Batu Cave on the finish.
Download this e-book on your cellular phone and fly to Kuala Lumpur. Then, your cell phone will express you the entire how one can the points of interest. you may get all the must-visits by way of your individual self.
By Martin Zinggl
By Insight Guides
Taiwan is an engaging kingdom to go to, with ruggedly attractive surroundings and a colourful tradition that preserves the simplest of historical traditions, whereas passionately embracing the most recent in high-tech modernity. This new version of Insight consultant Taiwan is a finished full-colour shuttle advisor to "the attractive island", the place landscapes range from dramatic mountains to white-sand shores.
Inside perception consultant Taiwan:
Lively positive aspects by way of an area writer disguise a complete diversity of matters: mountain trails and railways, soaking in scorching springs, conventional markets, people arts, tea tradition and tribal peoples.
Stunning images brings this fascinating nation and its humans to lifestyles.
Highlights of the country's best attractions, together with Taipei a hundred and one - previously the world's tallest development, attempting neighborhood snacks at a mythical evening marketplace and the tremendous number of classical chinese language architecture
Descriptive region-by-region accounts disguise the entire state from the colourful capital Taipei to the wilds of Kenting nationwide Park, dramatic Taroko Gorge and the distant Matsu Islands
Detailed, top of the range maps all through might help you get round and commute suggestions offer you the entire crucial info for making plans a memorable trip.
About perception Guides: perception courses has over forty years' event of publishing fine quality, visible shuttle courses. We produce round four hundred full-colour print advisor books and maps in addition to picture-packed eBooks to fulfill varied guests' wishes. perception publications' specified mix of gorgeous trip images and concentrate on heritage and tradition jointly create a distinct visible reference and making plans instrument to encourage your subsequent adventure.
'Insight courses has spawned many imitators yet remains to be the simplest of its type.' - Wanderlust Magazine