By R. Tyson Smith
Read or Download Fighting for Recognition: Identity, Masculinity, and the Act of Violence in Professional Wrestling PDF
Best gender studies books
This e-book explores the social and political importance of latest acceptance contests in components corresponding to incapacity, race and ethnicity, nationalism, type and sexuality, drawing on debts from Europe, the united states, Latin the USA, the center East and Australasia.
The Lola movie is a different subgenre of the woman's movie within which woman's declare to excitement is entertained with no recourse to the determine of the femme fatale. This ebook examines Lola as a particular and enduring element of the "new woman": woman's forthright declare to excitement on her personal phrases, liberated from the standard constraints of intercourse and gender.
In movie, males are strong and Monsters are undesirable. during this publication, Combe and Boyle think about the gigantic physique as a metaphor for the cultural physique and regard gendered habit as a question of performativity. Taken jointly, those identification positions, manliness and monsterliness, supply a window into the workings of present American society.
Develops a singular characterization of the pornographic as a cultural proposal. This unique contribution to porn stories goals to interrogate formerly untheorized alterations in modern understandings of the pornographic. Helen Hester argues that the phrases “porn” and “pornographic” are at present being utilized to an ever-expanding variety of fabric and that this variation in language utilization displays a much broader shift in conception.
- Weiblichkeitsdarstellungen in Disney-Animationsfilmen. Die Prinzessinnenrollen in "Schneewittchen und die sieben Zwerge" und "Die Eiskönigin - Völlig unverfroren" (German Edition)
- Women in Political Theory
- Concubinage and Servitude in Late Imperial China
- Institutionalizing Gender Equality: Historical and Global Perspectives
- Humanizing the Sacred: Sisters in Islam and the Struggle for Gender Justice in Malaysia (Decolonizing Feminisms)
- Gender Reversals and Gender Cultures: Anthropological and Historical Perspectives
Extra resources for Fighting for Recognition: Identity, Masculinity, and the Act of Violence in Professional Wrestling
Fighting for Recognition: Identity, Masculinity, and the Act of Violence in Professional Wrestling by R. Tyson Smith